Senior Operations Officer (Resources), Grade HM2 - Kenya Ports Authority
Reporting to the Principal Operations Officer (Ship), the job holder is responsible for monitoring, controlling and allocating resources in order to meet the day to day operational requirements to achieve the Authority’s set targets as per Performance contract.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Liaising with the Shift Managers, Ship and yard Planner for allocation of labour, equipment and other resources for all planned activities.
- Receiving and acting on Work Plans from Ship and yard planner and Resource requisition for efficient distribution of Resources.
- Ensuring preparation and maintenance of accurate and up to date records of Resources.
- Ensuring sensitive work areas are given priority.
- Monitoring implementation of the plans and in case of deviation ensure corrective action is taken so that the operations proceed as planned
- Ensuring proper roster of weekly shifts for the operators/ drivers and labour, keeping records of leave rosters.
- Ensuring safety rules and regulations in respect of the equipment are well followed.
- Ensuring that overtime working is within the approved budget.
- Ensuring that KPA Staff Regulations, KPA Tariff, Harbour Regulations 1970, Circulars and Notices issued from time to time are complied with.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Maritime Affairs, Business Administration, Logistics, Transport, Shipping or in any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Those with degrees in other fields but possess a Diploma in Shipping or Port Management/Operations will also be considered.
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in operations resource management with at least three (3) years served at managerial level
- Knowledge in Port Operations will be an added advantage.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.